Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Some thoughts about wolves and some thoughts about gratitude

From Chris Rosebrough's Twitter stream today, thought provoking enough for me to rip them off and present them to you here. Do you have wolf stories to share? Do you have some things you're grateful about? Please feel free to share! Here's Chris:

"If the tweet your pastor sent on Friday is longer than the Bible passage he preached about on Sunday...#HeMightBeAWolf."

"If your pastor is "allergic" to words such as sin, blood, redemption, penal substitution, wrath, hell &  propitiation .... #HeMightBeAWolf"

"If your pastor spends the summer preaching on the latest blockbuster movies rather than preaching God's Word.... #HeMightBeAWolf."

"If your pastor has ever presided over a round of "Holy Ghost Hokey Pokey". #HeISAWolf." (Brandon Elliott came up with that one on Chris's stream)

"Discernment Fact: Wolves travel in packs. When a pastor invites a heretic to "preach" to his flock, chances are the pastor is also a wolf."

"Lord I thank you for ordinary office workers who commute to work everyday & toil in the corporate world."

"Lord I thank you for ordinary moms & dads who are emptying themselves and raising the next generation."

"Lord I thank you for the humble men who work the trash trucks in my neighborhood and keep my city clean."

"LORD I thank you for the daily grind, for the mundane & the same old routine. You are glorified in the ordinary."

Back to me now. I am grateful for pastors who stand on the Word. I listen to John MacArthur and Steve Hadley, two excellent expository preachers. I listen to my own preacher every week and I'm grateful that there are still pastors in these dangerously apostate times who still preach by the Spirit like he does. Please take a moment to thank your pastor and your elders and deacons and ministry leaders and teachers for what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...