Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rapture: "This transmission is coming to you"

So, I'm sitting here with a terrible sinusitis thing and my head is pounding. I'm literally wondering if the pressure in my head can be tested, because it certainly seems outsized compared to the size of my head. I feel like I can pressurize a nuclear powered sub all the way to the bottom of the Mariana Trench. And normally I like to think of the big things awaiting me when I 'get there', like worshiping Jesus in person, thanking my ministering angels, seeing fellow believers worship in unity and spirit and truth. But today I'm thinking of the smaller things. Like, I won't ever have sinusitis again. I won't have to clean my place in New Jerusalem. (I'm speculating on this one). The strawberries won't go moldy after just two days. I won't have to worry about what to wear. I will never have to deal with kitty litter again. Because when my head is pounding, those are the biggest thoughts I can muster.

But I'm so grateful that HE has big thoughts. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." (Isaiah 55:8). And frankly isn't that a huge relief? He is sovereign, controlling all. Large and in charge. For example, I was listening to a sermon on Job 1. The preacher was talking about how God was in charge of that whole situation, limiting satan and allowing only this and that. God says to satan "Have you considered my servant Job?" and it occurred to me, satan didn't say "Job who?" Satan knows the Godly. Satan's response indicated he knew Job, knew of God's hedge around him, knew even how many flocks Job had and where they grazed. Satan knew Job, likely had been trying to get at him for a long time. Do you think satan knows you? I hope so. And I mean that in a good way.

Alternately, when the demons met the Jewish exorcists of Sceva, look at what happened. "But also some of the Jewish exorcists, who went from place to place, attempted to name over those who had the evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, “I adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.” Seven sons of one Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. And the evil spirit answered and said to them, “I recognize Jesus, and I know about Paul, but who are you?” (Acts 19:13-15.) Ouch.

If you are going through a trial, know that it might well be because satan knows you, and that is a good thing. It means you are being effective for the Kingdom. Know that God is in charge of it all, even if satan is hounding you. And we know that "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28). And if His thoughts are above our thoughts, His purposes are above our purposes, and His purposes are good.



I can't wait to get to New Jerusalem. I heard one sermon recently from Steve Hadley, and Steve preached about the New Jerusalem. He said that it is unfortunate that many translations put the word "mansions" in for "place." He said, "we don't get a mansion. It's not like we show up at the gates and Peter is there with a map to a subdivision, saying, 'Go down Glory Street and take your first left, your house is 1212 Faith Lane." He said we will dwell WITH Lord and that means with. We'll all be together in one place, with God.

There was this Australian engineer that added up the dimensions of New Jerusalem as given in Revelation. He found that the city is two million, two hundred and fifty thousand, square miles. Or 93 million acres. By contrast, London is 140 sq miles. So a city that big at the same density of population as London could hold a one hundred billion people. The ground level of the city will be nearly two million square miles, which is forty times bigger than England. And we will all love the Lord, forever, together.

Wow! I can't wait to see it. I don't think we will have to wait long...Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...