Saturday, February 11, 2012

Are there more earthquakes? YES

How to find earthquake data. I go to the United States Geological Survey and I click on Global Earthquake Search. I enter the parameters for the date, which is always 1-1- YYYY to 12-31-YYYY. I plug in the magnitude, which is 5.0 to 5.9 or 6.0 to 6.9 etc. Here is a screen shot:

Then the search presents me with data in sum. 
I compare the search results with USGS annual averages, here.


I make a chart in Word by using "table" and plugging in the data I get from USGS search. When I'm done I paste the Word chart into Photoshop. I do it in Word (or Excel) so I can update it more easily. Today I updated the chart I'd last published as of Nov 2011. Click on it to make it bigger.

The number of earthquakes per year is increasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...